Monday, May 31, 2010

Welch Storms

Saturday in Herefordshire started off rainy and breezy. I spent the morning doing the errands that needed to be done (laundry, shopping). The clouds were more broken in the afternoon, so I headed out for another afternoon of photography.

I drove down to the border of Herefordshire and Wales. I'm further south of where I was last weekend at Hay-on-Wye. I was visiting a number of different historical sites, and they were connected by narrow winding roads.

The roads throughout the region are lined on both sides by hedges. Here in Wales these side roads were barely more than a single lane wide, with very few places to pull out. Most of the time you see an attractive scene you just go on because of the difficulty in turning around or pulling off.

When I saw this view with the valley in the foreground and the high hill on the horizon I knew it was special. I found a place to turn around and go back to a pull-out that faced the view.




Images captured with Nikon D90. Processed in ACR and CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment