Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas !

For anyone who might come across this blog, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I'm writing this following an ample Christmas dinner held with three generations of family. This includes the first and second cousins of the extended family! The new fiance is fitting right in.

The pleasant elements of the meal, the conversation, and the family fun are the warming offset to the chill winds outside. We are visiting my mother at my childhood home on the high plains of Nebraska. Today's weather is temperatures in the single digits with winds gusting into the 30 mph range. Truly a bitter day out for man and beast, which makes the warmth of the celebration inside all the more precious.

No photography to share today (unless you want snaps of the cousins watching movies in the family room). I went out early this morning to try to capture some winter scenes, but the day has been flat and gray. The wind only let you stay out in the open for a few minutes, so I quickly gave up. The timing of my decision to give up for the day was good, as the wind increased and new snow began mid-morning. It has been a near white-out most of the day. I want to take those captures I did make and see what can be done with black and white or duotones.

May your home be filled with warmth and joy! May you travel safely whether across town or around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment