Friday, August 3, 2012

My First Gallery Show

It was a great day! Thirteen months ago I was informed that I had been chosen as one of the selected artists to display in our local community art space.

Today, the photos went up in the display space and Tuesday night we have the official opening event.

This photo shows the west end of the display wall. There are a total of 21 pieces on display


I need to thank many persons and organizations. Thank you to the Gladstone Arts Commission for sponsoring the exhibits and choosing my work to be included. Thank you to the Gladstone Community Center and the City of Gladstone. Special thanks to Jenn Bohatyritz, the arts coordinator for the city for her assistance.

And a very special thanks to my wonderful wife Debbie. She tolerates the unannounced boxes with camera stuff from Amazon and vacations planned around getting up early to catch the sunrise. Thank you very much for our relationship of over 30 years.

If any of you are in the Kansas City area I invite you to come see my work. The Gladstone Community Center is located at 6901 N. Holmes, Gladstone, MO 64118. The center is open 7 days a week. Admission to see the display is free. The exhibit will be there until September 12th.

Dale Grosbach

No comments:

Post a Comment